Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Power of Change


Change—what sparks a person to change? Change careers, change homes, change spouses?? Something in them, somewhere—whether it’s deep down in their core, or right on the surface—says, “I’m not happy in this area, and I’m going to do something about it—NOW.”

But, before that happens, let’s talk about what it took for that person to GET to that point. Is it a happy road with lots of intrinsic reward, satisfaction and happiness? NO! It’s usually full of pain or heartbreak, regret, or dissatisfaction. We don’t change a given situation that we are happy and content with. We change those that are making us miserable, making us feel like we are missing something, or making us just say, “hmmm….I wonder what it would be like to….(fill in the blank)??”

So, what trait is it in someone who takes that leap of faith as opposed to someone who remains in the job that they hate, or in the home that is too small for them, or with the spouse that their relationship is not working out with? Get ready…It’s FEAR! Change is a scary, scary, scary thing for most people, right? BUT, the person who takes that leap of faith and says, “hmmmm….wonder what would happen if I….(fill in the blank)?” is also punching fear right in its ugly mug and saying, “What’s the worst that could happen?”

Think about your life for a minute and any areas that you want to change or that you WISH were different. What stops you from making the changes necessary to break that mold and move forward? Is it fear of rejection? Failure? Loneliness? Finances? All of these things (and these are some heavy duty things) can be boiled down to FEAR! Eliminate that, and you can eliminate remaining where you don’t want to be!

When I decided to change my life, I’m really not sure what happened, but something in me SNAPPED, a lightbulb went off, the planets aligned, whatever you want to call it. I and I took a look at my life and thought, “I want to be a part of something bigger, something different. I want to help people, but I also want to help myself.” I wanted to take control of my health and fitness, of my mind and body, and of my finances,  and lead a different lifestyle.

This is the EXACT point that I decided to take the CHANGE plunge and became a Beachbody coach! I really couldn’t afford my first challenge pack of Insanity Max 30 and Shakeology, right before Christmas, but I did it anyway! I researched the very top coach in Beachbody, Melanie Mitro, messaged her, and told her I wanted to be a part of her team…and she said YES! And I’ve never looked back.

I have a lot of success, even more struggles, lots of times that I think, “I just don’t know about this”. BUT, I know that this is the lifestyle that I want and I’m not stopping until I get there—therefore, quitting is not an option, not CHANGING, is not an option. When you seek CHANGE, go GET it. It will NOT come to you on its own, it will however, challenge the hell out of you, make you doubt your gut, head, heart, etc. until you beat it down, time and time again! Then suddenly, POOF!!! There you are, RIGHT where you want to be.

Get out of your own way and don’t think for one minute that you can’t achieve your goals. There are so many clichés out there on this, but most of them are TRUE! Take control, once and for all, and set your sights as high as you can see!

No comments:

Post a Comment